The review will bring together the best available evidence on:
- prevalence and prescribing patterns
- the nature and likely causes of dependence and the short term discontinuation or longer term withdrawal symptoms associated with prescribed medicines among some people who take these medicines
- effective prevention and treatment of dependence and discontinuation syndrome for each drug category
Included within the scope of the review are:
- adults (age 18 and over)
- dependence and discontinuation syndrome
- benzodiazepines, Z-drugs, GABA-ergic medicines, opioid pain medications, antidepressants
- community prescribing.
More information, including the membership, available here.